Twin Stim Plus 3rd Edition TENS / EMS / IF / RUSSIAN – DS5402
Twin Stim Plus 3rd Edition 4 Channel 4-in-1 Combo TENS, EMS, IF, Russian with 5 TENS Modes, 3 EMS Modes, 3 IF Modes and 3 RUSSIAN Modes
4 Channel Twin Stim Plus 3rd Edition TENS / EMS / IF / RUSSIAN Stimulation Therapy device is compact with four stimulation programs and separate intensity controls for each channel along with fully adjustable parameters that users can easily customize to their requirements.
Many pain relief and muscle stimulation options in one portable device featuring 4 channels and two separate treatment timers that can also be used by two persons at the same time or for treating larger areas (entire back) or various body sections.
Package includes hard carrying case, four sets of lead wires, four AA batteries, AC adaptor, user manual and two packs of four self-adhesive reusable electrodes.
Other features include adjustable ramp time, large LCD screen display and patient compliance meter to store operation records.
Use TENS and IF (Interferential) Therapies for:
► Symptomatic relief of chronic intractable pain;
► Reduction of inflammation;
► Post-traumatic acute pain and edema;
► Post-surgical acute pain and edema.
Use EMS and Russian Stimulation Therapies for:
► Relaxation of Muscle spasms and edema reduction;
► Prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy;
► Increasing local blood circulation;
► Muscle re-education;
► Maintaining or increasing range of motion;
► Immediate postsurgical stimulation of calf muscles to prevent venous
• Simple to operate, portable device for pain management
• Reduces inflammation and edema
• Great for muscle re-education
• Increases local blood circulation and relaxes muscle spasms
• Intensity level is controlled by the press of a button
• Four Stimulation Programs: TENS, EMS, IF and RUSS (Russian)
• Five modes for TENS therapy: Burst, Normal (N), Modulation, Strength-Duration 1 and 2
• Three modes for EMS therapy: Constant, Synchronous, and Alternate
• Three modes for IF therapy: Normal, Modulation and Modulation 1
• Three modes for RUSSIAN therapy: Normal, Modulation and Modulation 1
• Comes complete with carrying case, four sets of lead wires, four AA batteries, AC adaptor, manual and two packs of four self-adhesive reusable electrodes
• Power Source: Four AA batteries or AC adaptor
• One year warranty
* Channel : Four, isolated between channels
* Output Intensity : 0~40Vpp (at 500 ohm load)
* Waveform : Bi-Phasic Square Pulse
* Power Source : DC 6V, 4xAA 1.5V battery or AC adaptor output: DC 9V, 800mA
* Size : 5.4” x 3.1” x 1.1”
* Weight : 1 lb. with battery
* TENS/EMS: 2Hz~150Hz
* Pulse Rate: IF: 4000Hz~4150Hz
* RUSS : fixed rate: 2500Hz; Burst rate: 20Hz~80Hz
* Pulse Width : 50μs~300μs
* On Time : Adjustable, 2~90 seconds, 1 sec./step
* Off Time : djustable, 0~90 seconds, 1 sec./step
* Adjustable, 1~8 seconds, 1 sec./step,
* Ramp Time : The “On” time will increase and decrease the setting value
* Two adjustable timers, from 1 to 60 minutes
Treatment Time – continuous; Adjustable in 1 minute each
step from 1 to 15 minutes and 5 minutes each step from 15 to 60 minutes. Treatment time counts down automatically.
Patient Compliance Meter: This unit can store 60 sets of operation records. Total recorded time is 999 hours
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation is a non-invasive, drug free method of controlling pain. TENS uses tiny electrical impulses sent through the skin to nerves to modify your pain perception. TENS does not cure any physiological problem; it only helps control the pain. TENS does not work for everyone; however, in most patients it is effective in reducing or eliminating the pain, allowing for a return to normal activity.
Electrical Muscle Stimulation is an internationally accepted and proven way of treating muscular injuries. It works by sending electronic pulses to the muscle needing treatment; this causes the muscle to exercise passively. It is a product derived from the square waveform, originally invented by John Faraday in 1831. Through the square wave pattern it is able to work directly on muscle motor neurons. The Twin Stim Plus 3rd Edition Combo Stimulator has low frequency and this in conjunction with the square wave pattern allows direct work on muscle groupings. This is being widely used in hospitals and sports clinics for the treatment of muscular injuries and for the re-education of paralyzed muscles, to prevent atrophy in affected muscles and improving muscle tone and blood circulation.
IF (Interferential) :
Interferential Stimulation (IF) is an anti-inflammatory based treatment modality. Interferential stimulation is characterized by two alternating-current sine waves or square waves of differing frequencies that “work” together to produce an interferential current that is also known as a beat pulse or alternating modulation frequency. One of the two currents is usually held at 4,000 Hz, and the other can be held constant or varied over a range of 4,001 to 4,150 Hz. Because of the frequency, the interferential wave meets low impedance when crossing the skin to enter deep into soft tissues. The interferential currents reportedly can stimulate sensory, motor, and pain fibers. These large impulse fibers interfere with the transmission of pain messages at the spinal cord level. This deep tissue penetration stimulates parasympathetic nerve fibers for increased blood flow and edema reduction. It utilizes the low electric-current to stimulate muscle nerves to achieve the symptomatic relief of chronic
intractable pain, post-traumatic pain, and post-surgical pain.
RUSSIAN STIMULATION :
Russian stimulation uses medium frequencies to provide electrical stimulation to muscle groups and is used to reduce muscle spasms as well as for muscle strengthening. Russian stimulation is a specific form of electro-stimulation with a Symmetrical Biphasic Square waveform produced by dividing a 2500Hz carrier frequency into 20 ～80Hz packets. This method was claimed by its author (Kots) to produce maximal muscle strengthening effects without significant discomfort to the patient.